Philosophy and Process
While offering expertise in the management of investments, this effort is an extension of the personal financial planning process. Until the client and the advisor know well-defined financial goals and objectives, we do not believe the right investment efforts can be undertaken. Personal financial planning is an ongoing and comprehensive process that seeks to maximize the utilization of financial resources, while giving appropriate emphasis to individual uniquenesses and stage in life. Our fee-only services support these professional efforts that emphasize the client's best interest. When clients do well, we do well. Professional expertise, consistent performance, attention to tax realities, and a concern for reducing transaction costs and account fees are in our clients' best interest. We sit on the same side of the table with them.
Gather data and set goals.
- Obtain information about the current situation
- Discuss and define specific goals and objectives
- Schedule a "get acquainted" meeting
Analyze the data and develop a comprehensive plan.
- Determine the details of the current situation
- Document the engagement
- Search for areas of specific improvement
- Create a comprehensive plan specifically designed to achieve the defined goals
Implement the recommended plan, which may include some of the following steps:
- Open and transfer investment accounts
- Appropriately allocate and diversify the portfolio
- Initiate or continue investment accumulation efforts
- Engage an attorney to prepare estate planning documents
Monitor the plan and make adjustments as changes occur.
- Monitor the plan and direction toward achieving the defined goals and objectives
- Quarterly investment reports
- Annual review meeting to discuss the investment portfolio and any changes to the goals and objectives
- Restart the process when needed as changes occur